With the Superbowl less than a week away, lots of folks are gearing up for a day filled with snacking, noshing and scarfing galore. I have to confess, I'm not a big sports fan. At all. I could care less.
If three-quarters of the country spent one day a year celebrating books, video games, movies or crafting, I'd be a thousand percent on board. Alas, that is not the case.
Superbowl = Food, Glorious Food
Despite my apathy for televised sports, I've always enjoyed the Superbowl for one reason: the food. Not only is it a great excuse to gather together with friends and family, but the Superbowl is the perfect time to splurge on delicious snacks, finger foods, and appetizers.
I may not have stuck around to watch the game growing up, but I sure as heck meandered into the kitchen every few hours to imbibe and stuff my face with glorious food (usually chili, chips, dips, and snacks involving cheese).
Healthy, But Not Skinny
However, despite my use of the word healthy, you won't find any "skinny" recipes on this list. Why? I don't buy or eat low-fat foods anymore. Not after I found out that the majority of them are heavily processed with added sugars, GMO oils and additives to make up for the lackluster taste. Or, that healthy fats are necessary to absorb fat-soluble vitamins such as A, D, E, and K.
However, all the recipes call for ingredients that are unprocessed. No whipped topping, processed nacho cheese or cake mix. The queso recipe uses actual cheese (yay!) and the dressings don't call for ready-made mixes or jars.
Does this mean these recipes are harder to make? Nope.
Will it take a little bit longer than opening the lid of store-bought dip? Yes.
But it's totally worth it.
35 Healthy Dip Recipes For Any Occasion
Need a delicious dip recipe to serve at holiday gatherings or parties all year long? Check out this round-up of real food dip recipes that are perfect for the meat lovers, vegetarians, and vegans in your life.
Dip Recipes For Meat Lovers
- Bacon Ranch Dressing by Peace, Love, and Low Carb
- Bagna Cauda (Italian Warm Dipping Sauce) by Real Food Kosher
- Buffalo Chicken Dip by Home Skillet
- Caramelized Onion Dip by A Spicy Perspective
- Come to Mama Sausage Dip by The Bearded Iris
- Jalapeno Crab Dip by Stupid Easy Paleo
- Queso Blanco by The Nerd's Wife
Dip Recipes For Vegetarians
- Avocado & Fig Salsa by MIX | Wellness Solutions For a Balanced Life
- Avocado Chickpea Yogurt Dip by Vintage Mixer
- Babaganoush by And Here We Are
- Buttermilk Garlic Ranch Dressing
- Creamy Greek Cheese Dip
- Homemade Spinach and Artichoke Dip Without Mayo
- Creamy Hot Artichoke Dip by Boulder Locavore
- Garlicy Sour Cream & Onion Dip
- Homemade French Onion Dip by Primally Inspired
- Kale & Artichoke Dip by Spoon Fork Bacon
- Lemon Baked Feta Artichoke Dip by A Bubbly Life
- Mushroom Dip by Frugal Foodie Recipes
- Organic Fruit Dip Recipe by Whole Lifestyle Nutrition
- Roasted Hatch Chile & Garlic Cream Cheese Dip
- White Pizza Dip by Veggie Converter
Dip Recipes For Vegans
- 3 Layer Hummus by The Clever Carrot
- Avocado Peach Salsa by Healthy Living How-To
- Black Bean Hummus Dip by Craftsman Drive
- Chipotle Black Bean Dip by Vegan in the Freezer
- Creamy Dill Dressing by It's a Love/Love Thing
- Dairy Free Ranch Dressing by Grass Fed Girl
- Game Day Guac & The Best Hot Sauce by Elston Backyard Farms
Local Sustainable Tomato Salsa by Good Girl Gone Green
- Mango Pico de Gallo by Foodologie
- Mango Salsa with Avocado, Cilantro & Lime
- Parsnip Hummus by Savory Lotus
- Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- Spicy Thai Eggplant Dip by Oh Lardy!
- Texas Caviar by Naturally Persnickety Mom
What's your favorite dip to eat at holiday gatherings?
Keep Reading! More Posts From The Rising Spoon:
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I ONLY recommend helpful products that I myself would use. And I'm really picky about what I share with you guys. Because I myself am super choosy about what I buy and consume. Recommending products that I love or want to own helps me cover the costs of running this blog and keep providing you with free, helpful information. And it costs nothing extra for you. Thanks!
DISCLOSURE: Not intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice. Use of recommendations is at the choice and risk of the reader.