If you caught my post a few days ago, I recently made homemade almond milk for the first time. Needless to say, I loved it and won't be purchasing the store-bought variety any time soon (if ever). However, when I added a few tablespoons to my morning coffee, it was a bit thin for my liking.
So I set out experimenting with the water to almond ratio to achieve a denser and creamier milk, similar to coffee creamer. Good news—I found it! This version is more potent and nuttier, which makes it perfect as a coffee creamer, but a bit intense when consumed plain. In other words, unless you really like strong nut milk, I recommend using the ratio in my other recipe for general drinking purposes.
Even better, you could soak however many cups of almonds you want overnight and then in the morning divide it up and make one batch of coffee creamer and another batch of regular almond milk to use throughout the week. Multitasking for the win!
Homemade Almond Milk Coffee Creamer
- what to do with leftover almond pulp
- homemade coconut milk recipe
- how to make homemade coconut flour with leftover coconut pulp
- homemade coconut oil chocolate sauce, syrup & shell
- creamy banana, cacao & chia seed smoothie
- cheddar and jalapeno coconut flour biscuits
- roasted butternut squash soup with coconut milk
- cheesy roasted garlic, onion & coconut cream mashed potatoes
- creamy pan-fried peaches with cinnamon & honey (dairy-free)
- creamy pan-fried plantain with spices & maple syrup (dairy-free & vegan)
Answer in the comments section below or join the conversation on The Rising Spoon Facebook page. Prefer Twitter? And feel free to circle me on Google Plus or follow me on Pinterest.
Want to see my favorite real food products & gadgets? Check out my shop page.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I ONLY recommend helpful products that I myself would use. And I'm really picky about what I share with you guys. Because I myself am super choosy about what I buy and consume. Recommending products that I love or want to own helps me cover the costs of running this blog and keep providing you with free, helpful information. And it costs nothing extra for you. Thanks!