If you caught my post a few days ago, I recently made homemade almond milk for the first time. Needless to say, I loved it and won't be purchasing the store-bought variety any time soon (if ever). However, when I added a few tablespoons to my morning coffee, it was a bit thin for my liking.
So I set out experimenting with the water to almond ratio to achieve a denser and creamier milk, similar to coffee creamer. Good news—I found it! This version is more potent and nuttier, which makes it perfect as a coffee creamer, but a bit intense when consumed plain. In other words, unless you really like strong nut milk, I recommend using the ratio in my other recipe for general drinking purposes.
Even better, you could soak however many cups of almonds you want overnight and then in the morning divide it up and make one batch of coffee creamer and another batch of regular almond milk to use throughout the week. Multitasking for the win!
Homemade Almond Milk Coffee Creamer
- After a few hours sitting in the fridge the almond cream will separate slightly. This happens naturally because there are no additives or emulsifiers added (unless store-bought ones). Just shake your container once or twice before using. :)
- I haven't tried it yet, but I bet this almond milk cream would work well as a substitute for cow's milk cream in certain recipes like pasta or mashed potatoes. Let me know if you try it!
I'd like to hear from YOU!
Do you put cream in your coffee or tea? What's your favorite flavor or type?
- homemade coconut milk recipe
- how to make homemade coconut flour with leftover coconut pulp
- how to make homemade coconut butter
- lemon vanilla coconut butter bites
- homemade coconut oil chocolate sauce, syrup & shell
- cheddar and jalapeno coconut flour biscuits
- roasted butternut squash soup with coconut milk
- homemade croutons (perfect for salads, soups & stuffing!)
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I ONLY recommend helpful products that I myself would use. And I'm really picky about what I share with you guys. Because I myself am super choosy about what I buy and consume. Recommending products that I love or want to own helps me cover the costs of running this blog and keep providing you with free, helpful information. And it costs nothing extra for you. Thanks!